Note: I suggest you follow these simple instructions and disregard the overly-complicated printed instructions that came in the box. Unless you’re a Computer Engineer 🙂
Your new WiFi Booster will extend the wireless range of your current WiFi Internet Router. So now you’ll have a stronger WiFi signal throughout your home.
Setting up your WiFi Booster is easy and only needs to be done once to enjoy stronger internet throughout your home for years to come. Here’s how…
1) Find an area in your home where the WiFi indicator on your iPhone shows less than 3 bars. This is an area where you have weak internet in your home.
2) Plug in your WiFi Booster into a power outlet somewhere between your Internet Router and the area where you have weaker internet. (The Internet Router is the box that connects the internet to your home. Sometimes mistakenly called a “Modem”.)
For Example: The Internet Router in my home is on the second floor. So, the signal gets weak on the first floor. I found the power outlet nearest the stairs on the first floor, and plugged in my Wifi Booster.
3) Press the “WPS” Button on your Internet Router for 3 seconds.
The button should be labeled “WPS” or it might have a symbol with two circular arrows. (Contact your internet service provider if you can’t identify the WPS Button.)
My Internet Router has a lit Wifi Symbol that flashes after I press the WPS Button for a few seconds. But, your Router might be different.
4) Within 2 minutes of pressing the WPS Button on your Internet Router…
Press the WPS Button on the front of your Wifi Booster for a few seconds.
Your Wifi Booster should now be connected to your Internet Router.
5) To connect your iPhone to the Wifi Booster…
Open Settings on your iPhone, and tap Wi-Fi to open your Wi-Fi Settings.
6) Within a minute, you should see an option for a new Wi-Fi network.
For me, it’s the same as my regular network with “_EXT” on the end for “Extended”.
Tap the new Network Name.
7) Enter your Wi-Fi Network Password. This is the same password you use to connect to your Wi-Fi Router. (If you forgot your Wi-Fi Network Password, contact your Internet Service Provider.)
8) After you’ve successfully connected your iPhone to your Wi-Fi Booster…
Look at your Wi-Fi indicator on your iPhone again. You should see an improvement in the number of bars.
As you walk away from the Router, you can test your signal strength in other parts of your home. You may want to experiment with re-locating the Wi-Fi Booster to wherever you need it most. You can also use more than one Wi-Fi Booster to cover other areas if you have more weak spots in your home.
9) You can also connect other wireless devices to your Wi-Fi Booster, like your laptop or iPad.
Just change your Wifi Network to the same one you used in the iPhone Example above. Mine says “_EXT” at the end of the network name.
And again you’ll use the same password you use to connect to your Internet Router.
What if I don’t have a WPS Button on my Router?
On the rare occasion that you don’t have a WPS button on your Router, you can contact your Internet Service provider and ask them to either tell you where the WPS button is on their equipment. Or, ask them to send you a router that has a WPS button.
If neither of those options work, you can follow these instructions to manually connect your Wi-Fi Booster to your Internet Router…
These instructions are also good if you don’t have access to the Router, like in an Apartment Building, Hotel, or Senior Home.
1 Plug the booster into a power socket.
2 Open your phone’s wifi set-up window and select “Wifi-Repeater” for Wifi connection
3 Open the browser on your mobile phone and key in 192.168.0.1
4 enter “admin” for username and password to go into Setup Wizard
5 Choose “Repeater” in the setup page
6 Select the wifi signal that you want to extend and enter the password of that SSID (if any)
7 Your Wifi Booster is connected to your Internet Router. Use the instructions above to connect to your iPhone (Start on Step 5).