Your Apple ID or iCloud Account is one of the best ways to make the most out of your iPhone and iPad. It gives your device that unique identity to tap into several features that Apple provides. But why do people switch from one ID to the other?
Your iPhone and iPad are great devices all on their own. The technology behind every unit constantly keeps on evolving and improving with every new model that comes out. But what gives you the edge with your iPhone and iPad is your Apple ID or iCloud Account.
What is your Apple ID / iCloud Account?
Your Apple ID helps you enjoy your Apple devices better. It helps authenticate your identity as the owner of the device. You also need it to access various Apple services. Here are some of the reasons why it is important to have an Apple ID.
- It helps you use iCloud services giving you the chance to sync contacts, files, photos, messages and a lot more.
- Making the most of “Find My” app to locate stolen or lost devices
- Using App Store to make purchases
- Being able to use services such as Apple TV+ and even Apple Music
- Activation lock on devices to keep data secure when they get stolen
- Gives you the chance to continue on one device where you left off from another with the Handoff technology
How to change Apple ID / iCloud Account
It is a pretty straightforward process to change your ID. Here is a simple guide to help you out.
- Head to your “Settings” in your phone
- Once there, click the top part with your Apple ID
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and click “Sign out”
- You might have to put in your password again to proceed.
- You will be offered the option to keep some content. Just choose the ones you want to retain and click sign out
- You will be asked again if you really want to sign out. If you are sure of your decision, simply click “Sign out”
- Then go back to settings, tap on top and to “Sign in to your iPhone”
- Put in the login credentials of your new Apple account then click “Next”
- You will be asked if you want to merge contacts in your phone with your new Apple ID.
That’s all there is to it! 🙂
Top reasons why people switch Apple ID account in their iPhones and iPad
One thing to keep in mind is that it is highly recommended to use and stick to a single Apple ID across all your Apple devices like your iPhone or iPad. But there are instances where changing ID is necessary. Here are the most common reasons why people do it.
- Keep your personal and professional life separate – there are times where you want to strike a work and life balance and you want the same thing with your iPhone. You might have a separate unit for work and another iPhone for personal use. In these instances, it makes sense to have a separate Apple ID for each as well.
- Your Apple ID has been compromised – although Apple is pretty safe, the system is not perfect. There could be times when your account would be compromised including your iCloud account. In extreme instances, you might have to create a new one and change the Apple ID in your iPhone or iPad.
- To simply start a new chapter in your life – we have all been there where we simply want a restart on everything in life. If your digital life is included in this new chapter, you could create and use a new Apple ID and create a new iCloud account to have a fresh start.
Keep your friends and family informed about Changing Apple ID Accounts by using the Share Buttons below. I really appreciate you helping spread the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂