In your last lesson, we covered how to add Widgets to your Homescreen. You can also add widgets to your Today View Screen.
The Today View Screen is a single screen that puts all of the actionable information you need to get through the day… right at your fingertips.
When combined with widgets, that were introduced in iOS 14, you can access the data within your critical apps in a matter of seconds… all without having to open the apps themselves.
Here is how you can easily manage all of the widgets on your Today View screen…
1. Swipe right from your Home screen to switch to your Today View screen.
Note that this will also show you all of the widgets currently added to your Today View screen.
2. Tap the “+” button in the top left corner. This will show you a complete list of all widgets that can be added to your phone.
If you’re looking for a Widget from a specific app, and you don’t see it… widgets might not be supported yet by that app’s developer.
3. Scroll through the list until you find the widget you want to add… and tap on it.
4. Scroll through all of the available sizes until you find the size you like.
There are three sizes to choose from and each size adds a little more information to the widget as it gets bigger.
5. Tap the “Add Widget” button to add the widget you selected, in the size you wanted, to your Today View.
6. Repeat these steps for any other widgets you want to add to your Today View screen, or tap “Done” to finish.
It’s that easy. What a perfect way to get some of that clutter off your Home screen in a way that still makes sure you don’t miss a beat!