Starting with iOS 14.5, Apple has done away with the “Subscribe” button in podcasts. Why? I have no idea. But here’s the new way to discover and “subscribe” to podcasts…
Podcasts are like Talk Radio on Demand. A Podcast is simply an audio file you can download to your iPhone. Typically they are available in weekly episodes.
With podcasts, there truly is no subject that is too niche to have an entire podcast dedicated to it.
Do you want someone to go over all the latest book releases with you? There’s a podcast for that. Do you want someone to re-watch episodes of the 90s sitcom “Fraser” and talk about each one in incredible detail? There’s a podcast for that, too.
Luckily, finding all of the podcasts you could ever want and listening to them on your iPhone is easy.
Subscribing to Podcasts on Your iPhone
- First, open your Apple Podcasts App on your iPhone. Here you can find podcasts you love, then subscribe to them to find out when new episodes are released.
2. Tap either the Browse icon or Search icon to look for a podcast that might interest you.
3. If you know the name of the show you’re looking for, just type it into the “Search” bar until it comes up.
If you know what genre of show you’d like to find (like “Comedy”, for example), you can also use the category listings to discover new shows that you may have otherwise been unaware of.
Or use the “Browse” section to discover the top shows, new shows, and other Apple suggestions.
4. Once you find a podcast you might like, you can listen to it, then decide if you want to add it to your “Library”.
In earlier versions of iOS, you’d simply tap the “Subscribe” button to put the podcast on a list of podcasts you like.
But after iOS 14.5, you have to instead tap the plus icon in the top right. Then you “Follow” the podcast, instead of “Subscribing”.
5. After you’ve now “Followed” a Podcast, you’ll be able to find it in your “Library”. Just tap the “Library” icon at the bottom of your Podcasts App.
That way, you’ll never miss a minute of your favorite programming and you’ll always have something great to listen to, no matter where you are.
Help your friends learn The New Way to Subscribe to Podcasts by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you spreading the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂