Since its release back in 2010, Siri made a huge impact easing the life of iPhone users. Imagine, by just saying a few words, this voice assistant gets the job done for you. Whenever you can’t fully hold your iPhone, or you are a Person with Disability, Siri for sure is one of the most important apps on your iPhone.
Siri can help you hundreds of ways, and by just starting the words, “Hey Siri”, the magic begins. But did it cross your mind that if Siri can do most of your iPhone tasks, can it also access your camera? What if there’s a moment that you need to record and your hands are unable to open your camera? Can Siri open it for you?
Well, the short answer is yes! Here’s how you can use Siri to open your camera.
1. First, make sure that Siri is enabled on your iPhone or iPad.
You can activate Siri in “Siri & Search” inside of your iPhone’s Settings. Check out our complete guide on how you can enable Siri on your iPhone here.
2. To open your selfie camera, say, “Hey Siri, take a selfie.”
3. Now, tap the shutter button or the volume buttons on the side of your iPhone to take a photo.
Siri will just open the camera app for you, so you still have to tap the shutter button manually.
4. To open your main camera, say, “Hey Siri, open camera.”
To help you more, here are the other Siri camera commands that you can use:
For example, if using the selfie camera for taking a picture:
- Standard selfie photo: “Hey Siri, take a selfie.”
- Selfie portrait: “Hey Siri, take a portrait selfie.”
If using the selfie camera for recording a video:
- Selfie video: “Hey Siri, take a selfie video.”
- Selfie slow-motion video: “Hey Siri, take a Slo-mo selfie.”
- Selfie timelapse video: “Hey Siri, take a timelapse selfie.”
If using the main camera for taking a picture:
- Standard photo mode: “Hey Siri, take a photo.”
- Panorama: “Hey Siri, take a panorama.”
- Regular portrait: “Hey Siri, take a portrait photo.”
If using the main camera for recording a video:
- Standard video: “Hey Siri, take a video.”
- Slow-motion video: “Hey Siri, take a Slo-mo.”
- Time Lapse video: “Hey Siri, take a timelapse.”
That’s all! Next time you need to capture a moment with your camera, try saying these Siri camera commands. It will surely help you a lot.
Help your Friends and Family to learn how to Ask Siri to Take Photos and Videos by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you spreading the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips!