When severe weather hits, you want to be as prepared as possible.
There’s a new iPhone iOS 16 feature that can help you do just that by giving you critical alerts about impending danger.
Your iPhone will send you notifications about weather events in your area. You’ll be notified about things like bad rain storms, tornados, hurricanes, flash floods, and heat waves.
Here’s how to set it up…
Enable Weather App Location Tracking
First, you’ll need to let your Weather app have access to your location.
1. Open your Settings app.
2. Scroll down to and tap Weather
3. Tap Location at the top of the page.
4. Tap Always to allow Location-Tracking for your Weather App.
Turn on Severe Weather Alerts
1. Open your Weather App.
2. Tap the Three Stacked Lines to see the list of cities that you’re tracking.
3. Tap the Circle icon.
4. Tap on Notifications from the drop-down menu.
5. If you want to receive alerts about severe weather near your current location, turn on the Severe Weather Switch near the top of the Notifications page.
6. You can also turn on Severe Weather Alerts for any of your saved cities in your Weather App.
7. You can also turn on Next-Hour Precipitation, which will show the intensity of precipitation over the next hour in your local area. Great for knowing if you need an umbrella before stepping out of your house.
Set Severe Weather Alerts to ‘Critical’
iOS 16 also comes with a new feature called Critical Alerts. This feature sends out a notification to your device when there is an emergency. It will light up your iPhone and play a sound even when your phone is silenced.
I recommend turning on this feature to get any Severe Weather Alerts.
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and Tap Weather
- Tap Notifications
- Switch on Critical Alerts for your Weather App.
The new iPhone iOS 16 feature is a great way to stay prepared for severe weather. By enabling Weather App location tracking and turning on severe weather alerts, you can get critical information about impending danger.
This could help save your life in an emergency weather situation!
Please share this new Life-Saving feature with your friends by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you helping spread the word about my Free Daily Tech Tips! 🙂