Are you planning for a vacation or road trip, but you don’t know where to start? Perhaps, thinking of your itinerary already overwhelms you. So instead, you decide to just postpone your trip and do it some other time…again.
Most of us want a break from our stressful day-to-day lives, and going on a vacation will surely pamper those tiring moments. So how do you start then? Well, the first thing to do is decide where you want to go, and from there, you compose your itinerary.
With the help of Apple Maps, you can create a list of the places where you want to go. You can add your favorite routes, restaurants, hotels, and even the places where you want to eat your breakfast! As soon as you create this list, you can now plan which places to go first from day 1 and until the day you go back home again.
With just a few taps on your phone, we are certainly sure that making your road trip guides will be the easiest thing to do. So grab your iPhone now, and let’s dive into your iPhone’s My Guides!
Let’s get started with Apple Maps. If you can’t find the app on your iPhone, simply download Apple Maps from the App Store.
Creating Your Apple Map Guide
1. On your iPhone, tap “Maps”.
2. Swipe up the gray bar from the bottom of your screen.
3. Click “New Guide…”.
4. Type the name of your new guide and click “Create”.
5. Tap the guide that you just created.
6. Tap “Add a Place”.
7. Type the place that you want to add to your guide. Once the correct location appears, tap the plus icon.
8. Congratulations, you just added your first place!
Adding More Locations and Editing Your Map Guide
There are times that you need to add more or somewhat delete a location from your guide. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open Maps and swipe up the gray bar from the bottom of your screen.
2. tap the Map Guide that you want to update.
3. Drag the gray bar up.
4. Tap the plus icon.
5. Type the location that you want to add and click the plus icon.
6. If you want to edit your Map Guide, simply tap Edit.
Sharing Your Map Guides
Now that you have created your Map Guides, you have the option to share it with your family or friends. To share your Map Guide, follow these steps.
1. Once you are inside of Maps, simply drag the gray bar to the uppermost area of your screen.
2. Slide the guide that you want to share a little bit to the left.
3. Tap “Share”.
That’s it! Now the next time you’re planning a vacation, grab your iPhone and start adding Map Guides for an organized and stress-free holiday!
Keep your Friends and Family from getting lost on a trip by sharing this simple hack about iPhone Map Guides, using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you spreading the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂