Previously, Apple’s coveted “Dark Mode” feature was only available on MacBooks. But now, the tech giant has brought it to the iPhone and the iOS operating system – much to the joy of users everywhere.
“Dark Mode,” as the name suggests, darkens the interface on your iPhone to give it a whole new look and feel. It helps protect your eyes from the traditional bright whiteness of the screen, and it’s supported by all native Apple apps and many third party ones, too.
It also uses less power, making it an ideal way to increase your battery life as well.
If you want to use “Dark Mode” on your own iPhone, here’s all you have to do to get started.
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll through the list until you find the option labeled “Display & Brightness” and select it.
3. Choose the option labeled “Dark” to turn on “Dark Mode” and start using it right away.
Note that you can also turn on “Dark Mode” right from the Control Panel. Once you’ve pulled the Control Panel down by swiping from the top right corner of the screen, all you have to do is:
1. Hold your finger over the “Brightness” slider until a new set of options appears.
2. Tap once on the option labeled “Dark Mode” to turn it from “Off” to “On.”
And that’s it. Two easy ways to change to “Dark Mode” and give your eyes a break.