You’re messaging with a friend, and you want them to come to meet you at a restaurant.
But you’re not sure of the exact address.
Don’t worry. Your iPhone can help you out!
The Messages app allows you to easily share your exact location with anyone in just a few taps.
Turn on iPhone Location Services
For privacy reasons, you must first turn on Location Services for the Messages app to share your location. But, once you go through this step, you won’t have to do it again next time.
1. Go to your Settings App.
2. Tap on “Privacy & Security”
3. Tap “Location Services.”
4. Turn ON the Location Services switch.
Share Your Location in the Messages App
Now that you’ve enabled Location Services in your iPhone Settings:
1. Go to the message thread of the person with who you want to share your location.
2. Tap the contact name on top.
3. Tap “Send My Current Location” to instantly send your location once.
4. Or Tap “Share my Location” if you wish to share your location with this contact for a specific period of time.
5. Select the length of time you want your location to be shared: an hour, for the rest of the day, or forever.
6. Tap on “Done.”
Now you know how to quickly and easily share your exact location with anyone using the Messages app on your iPhone.
It only takes a few taps, so why not give it a try?
Let’s make getting together easier than ever. Happy Location Sharing!
Share this tutorial with your friends by using the Share Buttons below. Then they’ll know how to share their location with you too!
I really appreciate you helping spread the word about my Free Daily Tech Tips for Non-Techies! 🙂