You may not realize just how handy your iPhone timer is until you have a chance to use it in your daily life.
Need to make sure that you get on the road at a specific time or you’ll be late for work? Set a timer! Don’t want to forget that roast you have in the oven? Set a timer! Want to commit to 20-minutes-a-day to learn a new skill. Set a timer!
Here’s how to set your iPhone Timer in iOS 14…
1. Open the “Clock” app on your iPhone’s “Home” screen.
2. Tap once on the option labeled “Timer” in the lower right corner of the app.
3. Use the clock wheels to scroll through and set your timer length by the hour, the minute, and even the second.
4. Tap “When Timer Ends” and select your desired alert sound.
5. Tap “Start” to begin the countdown. Your alert sound will play once that countdown reaches “00:00:00.”
At that time you’ll not only hear the alert, but you’ll also see a timer push notification pop up if you’re busy doing other things. You can easily clear the alert and stop the timer when that happens.
Want a shortcut? Launch Siri and command… “Set a 10 minute Timer”.