If you’re like most people, your entertainment budget is stretching further and further each month. Thanks to the proliferation of streaming video services, it’s now possible to subscribe to dozens of different channels and never run out of things to watch.
However, this convenience comes at a price—the average American household now spends over $2,000 per year on entertainment, and that number is only going to grow in the years to come.
While it’s easy to get swept up in the never-ending stream of new content, it’s important to remember that you don’t have to subscribe to everything in order to enjoy your favorite shows.
By carefully selecting the services that you want, you can save yourself a lot of money in the long run. And who knows—you might even find that you have more free time on your hands as well.
Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to save money on streaming services. In this blog post, we’ll give you some tips on how to keep your streaming costs under control.
1. Track your spending: Keep track of how much you’re spending each month on streaming services, and cancel any services you’re not using regularly. This will help you stay within your budget and avoid overspending.
2. Time your cancellations: Make sure to cancel a service after you’ve already stopped using it. This way, you won’t be charged for a service you’re no longer using.
3. Bundling can save you money: Paying for streaming services upfront or bundling them with other services (such as a Disney+ / Hulu package) can save you money in the long run.
4. Check for discounts: If you’re thinking about canceling a service, check to see if there are any discounts or promotional offers available first. You may be able to get a discount by signing up for a longer-term contract or by paying for multiple months upfront.
5. Consider broadcast television: If you have the option, attach an antenna to your TV and get free, live content from popular networks in HD. This can be a great alternative to costly streaming services. You can DVR shows to watch them when you want, just like streaming services.
By following the tips in this blog post, you can easily save money on streaming services. Be sure to track your spending, time your cancellations, and take advantage of discounts and promotions when they’re available.
And if you have the option, consider using broadcast television instead of streaming services. This can be a great way to save money while still staying entertained.
Share this post with your friends and family so they can save money on streaming services too. I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily Tech Tips! 🙂