Do you have an important phone call that needs to be recorded? Perhaps a call from your doctor or health care provider and taking down notes might get confusing. Maybe a very important call from your relatives or interviews you want to document. Well, whatever your reasons are, recording a call with your iPhone can be troublesome to most of us – especially when you’re using an iPhone.
But what if we say that you can actually record a phone call? Yes, you read that right! You can record a phone call on using your iPhone.
Before proceeding with the steps below, please be reminded that recording a phone call can be illegal to some country or state*. So always ask for their consent first before you record a call.
*New York allows you to record a phone call even without the person’s consent on the other line.
Let’s start with the easiest way to record a phone call using your iPhone’s Voice Memos app. You will need your iPhone or iPad (or any Apple device with the Voice Memos app installed) and a speakerphone-capable mobile device when using this method. This means two mobile devices are needed for this method.
1. Open Voice Memos.
2. Tap the Record button to start recording.
3. On your other mobile device, dial the number of the person you wish to speak to.
4. Swipe the recording panel up to switch to the app’s full view.
5. To pause recording, tap the Pause icon .
Pausing is useful when you are suddenly held on your current call and temporarily pause the recording.
6. To resume recording, tap Resume .
7. To end recording, tap the Pause icon and tap Done.
8. You will now see all your recorded memos under the All Recording section. To play the memo, tap the Play icon .
9. If you need to delete a recording, tap the Delete icon .
You can also use some apps to record calls on your iPhone. Watch out for our list of Best Apps to Use to Record Phone Calls, coming soon.
That’s it! We hope we have helped you figure out how to record phone calls using your iPhone. Don’t forget to ask for the consent of the persons you are speaking with before recording the call.
Help your Friends and Family learn how to Record Phone Calls on iPhone using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily Tech Tips! 🙂