Apple’s AirPrint is a feature that allows you to print directly from your device, all without installing any printer-specific drivers.
It was first introduced all the way back in 2010. It gave both iPhones and iPads the ability to print for the first time – something that people had been eagerly awaiting for years.
Provided that you have a compatible wireless printer on the same Wi-Fi network that your iPhone is using, you can print whatever you’d like in a matter of seconds.
Using AirPrint on Your iPhone:
Connect Your iPhone or iPad to Your Printer
1. Start by making sure that the model of the printer you own is actually compatible with AirPrint technology.
Apple maintains a list of all printers and print servers that are AirPrint-enabled…
Another option would be to get a dedicated Photo Printer. You can find Photo Printers on Amazon here.
2. Turn on your Printer, and make sure it is on the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone or iPad. Some printers have an offline feature, where you don’t need to be connected to Wi-Fi. Be sure to check your printer’s manual for connectivity instructions.
Other printers have their own connection network. Simply open your Wi-Fi list, and your printer’s network will show up on the list. Select that network and enter password (check your printer’s manual).
Start Printing From Your iPhone or iPad
1. Once you have confirmed that your printer will work, open the app you want to print from. It could also be from Safari, Photos, Files, etc.
2. Tap the “Share” icon (square with arrow up) at the bottom of the screen.
3. Choose the option labeled “Print.”
4. From there, you’ll be able to select the printer you want to use from the list. In most situations, you’ll only find that one printer you already identified. But, there may be more if you have multiple printers on the same network.
5. Then you can select the number of copies. You can also set if you will print using colored or black ink.
For some apps, like Safari, you can set the range of pages that you want to print, as well as choose the paper size. See steps in the next section below.
The preview box will show you what it will look like when printed.
5. At that point, all you have to do is tap the “Print” button. After a few seconds, your job will be sent to the printer and you can go retrieve your paper documents at your convenience.
Printing Webpages from Safari
1. Follow the steps from above to connect your iPhone or iPad.
2. Open Safari and the page you want to print.
3. To Print with Colors and Images:
Simply tap the Share icon
Then scroll to select Print.
The printer preview will open. Swipe through the pages and review which ones you’d like to print.
In this example, there are extra pages after the article. To print only a specific page range, tap on Range. Set the page numbers you want to print.
4. To Print without images:
Switch to Reader View by tapping on the AA icon on the address bar.
This will remove all images and will give you only plain text on the page.
5. Lastly, you can tap on Options to change the paper size, and if you’d like to print in Black & White, or in Color.
6. Now you can tap on Print to start printing.
Help your friends and family learn How To Print using their iPhone by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you spreading the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂