Group text is perhaps one of the features that you love inside the Messages app. Imagine, you can discuss anything that you can imagine with your families, friends, and colleagues. Unfortunately, although joining a group text is fun, sometimes it is not always the case.
You hate it when minute per minute, you hear a ding. But, remember, there are also other people inside the group, so even if the messages are not for you, your phone is in the loop.
So if you want to read your messages at your convenience without the annoying alerts, here’s what you can do:
1. Tap the Messages app.
2. Choose the group text that you want to mute.
3. Tap the contacts found on the upper-middle part of your screen.
4. Tap the “Hide Alerts” toggle to enable it.
The Hide Alerts feature is also available for non-group messages.
5. Tap “Done” to save your settings.
6. You will notice that the Hide Alert icon will appear in the conversation, which means that it’s already silenced. iOS 15 users will have the Hide Alert icon, while iOS 14 or earlier users will have the crescent moon icon .
There you go! No more disturbing alerts on your phone. If you want to be updated on the group’s discussion but avoid alerts, then silencing the group text will surely help.
Help your friends and family learn How to Mute Group Text Messages by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂