If you scroll through the “Contacts” app on your iPhone, it’s very common to see certain people listed multiple times.
Sometimes you didn’t realize you already had a contact for that person and you add another one. Sometimes it’s a matter of information getting duplicated during the backup and restore process.
Regardless, it’s not something you have to deal with for much longer as the iPhone has a built-in feature to help you get rid of any duplicate contacts you want.
Note that merging contacts on your iPhone doesn’t actually get rid of any information. Instead, it just condenses what used to be two contact cards into a single one. All phone numbers, emails, addresses, and other information will still carry over.
Here’s how you can merge contacts on your iPhone in just a few seconds.
1. Open the “Phone” app on your iPhone.
2. Tap once on the option labeled “Contacts” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select the first contact you want to merge from the list on screen.
4. Tap the “Edit” button at the top of the window.
5. Select the option labeled “Link Contacts.” Scroll through the list until you find the other contact you’re working with.
6. Tap “Link” at the top of the screen. Both contacts will now be merged into a single card.
And there you have it!
Speaking of Contacts… If you have friends and family who would find this tip useful, please use the Share Buttons… I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂