Your iPhone’s “People” album has great suggestions on people and memories you may want to revisit. But, sometimes there may be that photo of your Daughter’s Ex who you don’t want popping up in your Memories Slideshows or on your Photo Widgets.
Tagging faces in the People album is helpful if you want to search and keep track of people’s photos. But, just because you tagged someone doesn’t mean you want their photo always popping up unexpectedly.
Fortunately, you can tell the Photos App to suggest less of a person, or don’t suggest them at all.
Or, if you want to hide their photo completely… you can always tap the action icon (the rectangle & arrow icon in the bottom left corner)… Then tap the “Hide” button.
Tapping the “Hide” button will exile their photo into a separate “Hidden” album. Never to be seen again… well, unless you open your “Hidden” album.
If you don’t want to banish the person completely… You can just ask the Photos App to suggest the person less, or not at all, in your Memories.
1. Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the “Albums” button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select the option labeled “People & Places.”
4. Scroll through the list and find the person who has photos that you’d prefer not to see. Once located, tap the ellipses in the top right corner of the screen.
5. Select the option labeled “Suggest [NAME] Less.” or “Remove [NAME] from People”. Choose your option depending on if you want to see the person less, or not at all.
That’s it! Now, the “Photos” app will suggest fewer images of that person when putting together your personalized memories.
Note that this doesn’t mean that the photos of this particular individual on your phone are suddenly gone.
Nor does it mean that you’ll never see them again – as they may be in photos with other people that your iPhone will continue to suggest.
Help your friends learn how to Hide Photos too by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you spreading the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂