The Apple Calendar app on the iPhone is a lot more powerful than most people give it credit for.
Case in point: did you know that you can get directions straight from the app itself? All you have to do is enter a destination into the events that you create and your iPhone will take it from there.
It can even give you alerts as to when you need to leave to get to certain appointments based on the current traffic!
Not only is it helpful, but it’s a lot easier than you think.
Here’s how to get directions from the calendar entries you create on your iPhone.
1. Open the “Calendar” app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the “+” icon in the upper right corner of the screen to create a new entry.
3. Once you’re finished giving your entry a name, a date, and a time, be sure to add a location by tapping once in the field of the same name.
4. Enter the address for the entry and select the appropriate one from the “Map Locations” portion of the screen.
5. When you’re finished, tap “Add.”
Now, you’ll be able to tap on the address and get directions from your current location to that specific place anytime you want!