A lot of people don’t realize that the default “Mail” app on your iPhone is actually quite powerful, particularly from a productivity perspective. You have just as many options as you do when working on a computer in terms of font choices, bolding, and other effects. In some cases, you actually have more.
Starting with iOS 13, rich text email also made its debut on the iPhone. At this point, someone would probably never realize you were sending an email from anything other than your computer if you didn’t come right out and tell them!
Thankfully, getting started with formatting email like a professional on your iPhone is simple. You just have to keep a few quick steps in mind.
1. Open the “Mail” app on your iPhone.
2. Create a new message by tapping the “New Message” icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Type whatever text you want into the body of the message using the iPhone’s virtual keyboard.
4. Long press on the text you want to format to highlight it. Drag the scroller to select more or fewer words depending on your needs.
5. Tap once on the “Aa” button. This will open a new menu of formatting options. You can change the default font, add bulleted or numerical lists, use underline and strike through effects, and more.
That’s it! Once your formatting changes have been made, your message is ready to send!