Over the last few weeks, we have discussed the other features in Reminders that you probably don’t know. We want to reveal another useful feature.
Did you know that you can also share a list created from your Reminders? Yes, you read that right! So you can actually share and collaborate on a task with your families, friends, and colleagues. Isn’t that cool?
Whether these tasks are simple household chores that you can assign to your kids or work to-dos with your office mates, sharing a list is another feature you shouldn’t miss.
Verifying if Reminders Is Enabled on iCloud
Before jumping to this feature, make sure that your Reminders is enabled in your iCloud account.
1. Go to your iPhone or iPad’s Settings.
2. Tap your Apple ID Profile.
3. Tap iCloud.
4. Look for the Reminders toggle and activate it.
How to Share Your List Task
Now that you have already verified that your Reminders is active in your iCloud, it’s time to share your list.
1. Open the Reminders app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. If you can see the “Upgrade” button, we recommend tapping this button to start the upgrade process. Upgrading your Reminders will let you experience the full features of this app.
If you don’t see this button, it means that you are currently using the latest version of Reminders.
3. Create a list or open an existing list in your Reminders.
4. Tap the three-dot icon found on the upper-right-hand corner of your screen.
5. Choose “Share List”.
6. Choose how you would like to send your invitation.
For this example, we will use Messages.
7. Add the contacts with whom you want to collaborate.
8. Type in your message and tap the send icon.
9. Once you go back to your To-Do list, you will see the contacts you collaborated with.
How to Manage Your Shared List (Adding People, Removing Access, Sharing Options, and Copying Share Link)
Are you deciding to add more people to your list or deciding to change the permission? If you’re the owner of the list, here’s how you can do it.
1. Inside your To-Do list, tap and three-dot icon.
2. Choose “Manage Shared List”.
3. To add more contacts, tap “Add People”.
4. To remove the person’s access, tap the contact that you want to modify.
5. Tap “Remove Access”.
6. The “Can add people” toggle simply lets the person add other contacts in the collaboration even without your approval.
7. If you want a more strict sharing configuration, navigate to the Manage Shared List, and tap “Share Options”.
8. Tap “Only you can add people” if you want a single-handed control of the list sharing.
9. If you prefer sharing links to certain contacts, tap “Copy Link”. You can send the link through text, email, or any medium you prefer.
There you have it! Now that you know how to collaborate with other people on your list, start sharing them. It will surely be a fun experience if each one of you aims for a single goal.
Share this helpful post about Collaborating Reminders by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂