One of the great things about the “Mail” app that comes built into every iPhone is that it really is one of the most flexible ways to get email on your device.
Not only is it compatible with your iCloud email address (obviously), but it also works great with accounts from other providers, too.
That includes platforms like Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, AOL, and many, many others.
In fact, you can also add more than one account to the Gmail app to keep all of your messages in one place.
Here’s how you can add additional accounts to your iPhone “Mail” app in just a few seconds.
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll through the list of options on screen until you find the one labeled “Mail.” Tap on it to select it.
3. Locate the option labeled “Accounts.” Tap on it to select it.
4. Choose the option labeled “Add Account.”
5. Select the option for the email provider you’d like to add to begin the process. If you don’t immediately see your account provider listed, tap “Other” at the bottom of the screen and you’ll be able to enter more specific information.
At this point, all you have to do is follow the on-screen directions until the account in question is added to your “Mail” app.
The directions will vary a bit depending on which specific provider you’re trying to add.
Generally, you’ll be asked to provide information like your username and password, and if you have two-step verification set up with your email account you may have to go through an additional step to verify your identity.
But regardless, you’ll be able to see all of the accounts you’ve entered whenever you tap on the “Mail” app.
If at a later date you decide that you don’t want multiple accounts in the same application, you can remove one by returning to the “Mail” portion of the “Settings” app.
This may be necessary if you decide to start using Google’s first-party “Gmail” application, for example. In that case, you wouldn’t need to get your mail in two separate applications, so you could devote the default “Mail” app to one account and the “Gmail” account to another.
You could do this with accounts from other providers, too – like Microsoft Exchange, for example.
Help your family and friends learn how to Add Mail Accounts to their iPhones by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you spreading the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂