In iOS 14, Apple introduced Home Screen Widgets.
Home Screen Widgets are small boxes that appear on your iPhone’s home screen with important information sent from your favorite apps.
So now, you don’t even need to load up an app to check the weather, see news updates, check your schedule for the day, or to learn more about what matters most to you.
All your important information is right there at a glance on your home screen, automatically!
Here’s how you can add custom widgets to your home screen...
1. From the Home screen, touch and hold on any app icon until everything starts to jiggle. Then, press the “+” button in the upper left corner of the screen.
This will take you to a list of all the widgets that are currently installed on your phone.
2. Scroll through the list of widgets that are currently available on your phone. You can also use the “Search Widgets” box to look for something in particular.
Note that not every app will have a widget right now – developers have been regularly adding more since iOS 14 released, so update your apps and check back often for new ones.
3. Tap the widget you want and scroll through the three available sizes. Pick the one that you think would look the best on your Home screen.
Scroll left and right to view your size selections. Note that not all widgets have multiple sizes.
4. Tap the “Add Widget” button at the bottom of your screen.
5. Use your finger to move your widget into the desired location, the same way you would if you were rearranging your apps.
6. Tap “Done” and that widget will now live on your Home screen. You can always move it around again later if you decide on better placement.
And thats it! Now you have your first widget displaying important information sent from one of your favorite apps.
Ready for you to check on your home screen whenever you want… at a quick glance.
Help your Friends discover Home Screen Widgets by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂
Thanks – Very helpful and informative
Richard D Lowe says
This must only work with iOS14. I haven’t updated yet and there is no “+” in the upper left corner when starting icon wiggle.
Jared Baker Robb says
Jared Baker Robb says
Deb Hackett says
Still learning, having trouble to unconnected a widget from a group of widgets that all came over together, like 6 widest at once? Looks like a good update.
Thx for ALL of your help & knowledge
I like these for my most used app. How do I return to its normal size?
Mike Schuttler says
I have several widgets I’d like to remove. Even when I hold down on them and they wiggle, there is no (-) minus option to delete them. Suggestions please.
Barbara Summers says
Thank you so much,very helpful