We all have those favorite snapshots saved on our iPhones, right?
It could be a selfie, a photo of loved ones, pets, or any sentimental pictures…
Now with iOS 14, instead of getting lost inside your Photos app, you can feature your photos right on your Home Screen. The featured photo will change every hour, randomly selecting an image from your photo library.
But, when using the stock Photos Widget, you can’t choose which photos appear on your home screen widget. It’s a random selection.
If you prefer having one fixed photo as your widget, or perhaps a specific selection of photos to rotate through, there are many third party widget apps — like “Photo Widget Simple” — that are available in the App Store.
To select your own set of images for your Home Screen Widget…
1) Go the app store, and download the app “Photo Widget Simple”.
2) Open the app and tap the red Plus Icon that appears in the middle of the screen.
3) Choose the photo you would like to feature on your Home Screen. If you would like to display multiple rotating images, choose as many as you would like.
4) Navigate back to the Home Screen and hold down the screen anywhere so that the apps start to shake.
5) Tap the Plus Icon that appears in the top right corner.
6) Find and select the Photo Widget app.
7) Choose your ideal widget size within the app by swiping left and right. Then, tap “Add Widget”.
8) Place your customized widget anywhere you like.
9) Tap “Done” to confirm its placement.
This simple process makes it easy to personalize your widgets and feature your favorite photos on your Home Screen.