If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about the security of your wifi network.
But the truth is that hackers are always looking for new ways to break into unprotected networks.
According to a recent study from the FBI, NSA, and Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, foreign hackers have been trying to hack into U.S. communication networks for over two years. They’ve been attempting to hack into home wifi routers, telephone networks, and online storage.
Luckily, you can take some simple steps to make it more difficult for them. In this blog post, we’ll share tips on keeping your wifi network safe from hackers.
Keeping your router and devices up to date with the latest security patches is a good start. Disabling remote access to your router will help prevent unauthorized access.
You should also periodically check the devices connected to your network to ensure they are legitimate and upgrade to a WPA3 router if possible.
Some other tips include:
- Place your router in a central location. Strong network security starts with a smart setup.
- Create a guest wifi network for when someone asks, “Can I get the wifi password?”
- Use a VPN. There are a few reasons to use a good VPN, and network security is one of them.
- You can disable remote access in the router’s admin settings.
- Upgrade to a WPA3 router. WPA3 is the latest security protocol for routers.
Although there is no guarantee that your network will never be hacked, following these steps will make it more difficult for hackers to succeed.
Share this helpful article by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily Tech Tips! 🙂