If you’re finding that your Facebook feed has become cluttered and overwhelming with unwanted posts, it’s time to take control.
With this one simple trick, you can ensure that you only see content from the people who matter the most to you. Keep reading to find out how!
Mark Zuckerberg announced the Favorites Feed Tab by saying,
One of the most requested features for Facebook is to make sure people don’t miss friends’ posts. So today we’re launching a Feeds tab where you can see posts from your friends, groups, Pages and more separately in chronological order.
The app will still open to a personalized feed on the Home tab, where our discovery engine will recommend the content we think you’ll care most about. But the Feeds tab will give you a way to customize and control your experience further.
You can add up to 30 Facebook friends and pages to your Favorites. Their posts will then be shown higher in your Feed, with their newest posts appearing on top.
Unfortunately, you can’t add groups to your Favorites. And, if you run out of slots, you need to remove people before you can add more.
And don’t worry, Friends and Pages won’t know if you add or remove them from your favorites list.
Here’s How to Filter Posts from People You Want to See
1) Go to your regular Facebook Feed.
2) In the left sidebar, click “Favorites.” (Click “See More” if you don’t see the “Favorites” option.)
3) Click “Get Started.”
4) Click “Set Up Favorites.”
5) Next, you’ll have several useful options. We’ll click “Favorites” at this time to add people and pages to our Favorites list.
6) Use the Search Bar to find friends and pages to add to your Favorites List. When you see someone you want to add, click the Star Icon next to their name.
7) Click the X in the top right to close out the popup after you’ve finished adding people and pages to your Favorites List.
8) If you want to return to your regular Facebook Feed, just click the Blue Home Icon on top.
9) Then, to go back to your Favorites News Feed in the future, click “Favorites” in your sidebar again. You may want to bookmark this page in your browser to get back to it quicker.
Be sure to add our YouCanLearnThis.com Facebook page so you can receive our Useful Tech Tips in your Facebook Feed! First, Follow my Facebook Page Here.
There you have it! With this one simple trick, you can take control of your Facebook feed and ensure that you only see content from the people who matter most to you.
So go ahead and add your favorite friends and pages to your Favorites list today!