There’s a hidden “Instant Notes” feature in your iPhone/iPad that will allow you to quickly jot down important thoughts, reminders, shopping lists, or to-do lists… even when your device is locked!
So now you don’t have to bother with unlocking your device… finding the notes app.. opening it… starting a new note… just to make a quick note to yourself.
Here’s how to turn on the “Instant Notes” feature of your iPhone or iPad…
First, add a shortcut to your control center to quickly access your notes app…
1. Start by heading to the “Settings” app on your iOS device.
2. Scroll down and select the option labeled “Control Center.”
3. Scroll down to the portion of the menu labeled “More Controls.” Here, you’ll see all of the various items that you can add to your Control Center.
4. Locate the menu option on screen labeled “Notes.” Tap on the plus icon to add it to your Control Center.
Whenever you want to open your notes app, just swipe down from the top right corner (or swipe up from the bottom on older iPhones) to open your control center, and tap the Notes icon.
Now, to make Notes accessible without unlocking your iPhone…
1. Go back to your Settings App.
2. Tap Notes.
3. Tap Access Notes from Lock Screen (you need to scroll all the way to the bottom).
4. Tap the option you want. Your options are as follows:
- Off: This will disable Notes from being accessed from the lock screen.
- Always Create New Note: This option will always create a new note when using Instant Notes.
Or my favorite options…
- Resume Last Note: The option allows you to edit the last note you created. Here you can select whether you want to resume the Last Note created on Lock Screen or Viewed in Notes App. I prefer the “Viewed in Notes App” option.
For “Instant Notes” I like to use the “Resume Last Note” “Created on Lock Screen” and “Create New Note = Never” options. Unless you want to start a new daily To-do list or note each day, then select “Create New Note = After Today”.
This set of options is great for keeping a running list, like a shopping list, or your to-do list.
To Use Your Instant Notes
1. Now that you’ve set up your Instant Notes, just swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone (or swipe up from the bottom on older iPhones) to open your Control Center.
2. Tap the Notes icon in your Control Center to launch your Notes app.
I like to use the Checkmark-in-a-Circle icon to create a running checklist.
There you have it… A quick place to jot down your Thoughts, Notes, Reminders, Shopping lists, and ToDo lists. It’s like always having a scrap of paper handy right on your iPhone or iPad!
Share this helpful tip about Instant Notes with your family and friends by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you spreading the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂