Microsoft has Skype, Zoom Video Communications has Zoom, Facebook has Messenger, and Apple has FaceTime. These video chat and audio chat applications made communication cheap and available for all. FaceTime is already 11 years old and still one of the most useful apps you can find inside your iPhone.
But, did it cross your mind how you can record your FaceTime conversations? Do you need to record an important call with your families, colleagues or simply grab a copy of your conference? Well, the answer is yes! You can record them, and here’s how you can do it.
1. From your iPhone or iPad, search for the FaceTime app.
2. Tap the contact that you want to have FaceTime with.
If this is the first time you are using FaceTime, tap the plus icon found on the upper-right hand corner of your screen to add a contact.
3. Once the call is established, ask the contact if you can record the conversation. If the participant agrees, go to your iOS Control Center by swiping down the top-right corner of your screen. If you are using an iPhone with a Home Button, swipe from the bottom of your screen to access the Control Center.
Remember that before you record your conversations, it is important to always ask for the participant’s consent.
4. From the Control Center, tap the Record icon.
If you can’t find the Record Icon from the Control Center, search and type “Control Center”.
Tap the green plus icon to add Screen Recording to your Control Center.
5. You will be prompted with a three-second countdown. Once this ends, the recording will start. You can also verify that your screen is recording by checking the upper-left corner of your screen.
6. Tap “Stop” when asked to end the recording.
That’s it! Now, whenever you want to record your FaceTime Conversations, just follow these simple steps. But, again, do always remember that it is illegal to record a conversation without notifying your contact. So, before you record your FaceTime video chat or audio chat, always ask for the participant’s permission.