Did you already experience one time in your life that you had the same text tone with the person beside you? Here’s a funny part as well – you both received a text message. Both of you checked your iPhone, and you’re the one who didn’t get it.
You are probably smiling right now, and you can still remember that embarrassing moment. So maybe it’s time to change that old classic text tone, right?
If you want to make your favorite song as your default text tone or ringtone, you can easily find that from the iTunes Store and quickly set it up.
The screenshots that we used are from the latest iOS 15. So please update your iPhone to the latest iOS when able.
1. Navigate to your iPhone’s Settings.
2. Tap “Sounds & Haptics”.
3. Tap “Text Tone”.
4. You can select from the available Alert Tones on the list at the bottom or get your own one from iTunes. Scroll up to your screen and look for “Tone Store”.
5. Tap “Tones”.
6. To check the most popular tones, tap “Charts”.
7. If you want to dig further, you can go to “Genres”.
8. Tap the genre of your choice.
9. To listen to a tone, simply tap its icon.
10. Once you decide to purchase, tap the price icon.
11. Tap “Set as Default Text Tone”.
Aside from setting the new tone as your text tone, you can also set the tone as the default ringtone, or assign the tone to a contact.
12. Tap “Purchase”.
13. Type in your Apple ID password and complete the payment process.
That’s all! Now that you know how to set a custom text tone for your iPhone, why not revisit the Tone Store and pick up that tone? So whenever your iPhone beeps, you know that the message is yours.
Help your friends and family learn how to Set Custom Text Tone by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you spreading the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂