For years, Safari was the default web browser on an iPhone. Thankfully, with iOS 14, you now have options.
You can now easily change to a different web browser like the popular Google Chrome if you want. Or, try DuckDuckGo for enhanced privacy.
This way, whenever you tap on a link on your iPhone, it will be opened on the browser you prefer.
Experiment with some alternate browsers, and see what works best for you.
Here’s how you can change the web browser on your own iPhone:
1. Open the “App Store” on your iPhone. Search for and download whatever new browser you’d like. Options include not only Google Chrome but also Opera, DuckDuckGo, and more.
2. Once your preferred browser is downloaded, open the “Settings” application on your iPhone.
3. Scroll through the settings list, and find the new browser you downloaded. Example: Chrome
4. Tap on “Default Browser App”.
5. Select your preferred browser, to “check” it.
That’s it! Now, the browser you’ve selected will become your default browser on your iPhone.
This means that whenever you open a link in an email, or whenever you search for something on the Internet, it will automatically open in your new default browser as opposed to Safari.
But don’t worry – if you decide that you like Safari better, you can always return to your original settings. Just open the “Settings” app again and select Safari from the “Default Browser App” screen.
It takes just seconds to switch back, so don’t be afraid to experiment until you find an option that you truly like.
Help your Friends learn how to Change the Default Browser on their iPhones too by using the Share Buttons below. I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂
Why would I want to change? Safari is very fast and I always find what I’m looking for if I’m searching.
I’ve been using DuckDuckGo for sometime on my computer because of the privacy and of course as you know today you can’t be too careful.
Thank you so very much for taking the time for all your wonderful help.
Thank you. I use Duck Duck Go to search for things because of the privacy factor.