As the weather starts to cool down and the leaves begin to drop from the trees, it’s important to remember that your car needs some extra care and attention during the winter months.
Here are seven vehicle maintenance inspections that you should do before winter arrives:
1. Inspect your car before the cold weather hits. Ensure that your vehicle has had all of its scheduled maintenance checks, including an oil change and filter replacement. Check the brakes, inspect the hoses, and make sure all fluids are topped off.
2. Check your tires for wear and tear. In colder weather, tires tend to wear more quickly and become more prone to punctures. Make sure they have sufficient tread on them, and if necessary, replace them with winter tires.
3. Make sure your battery is in good condition. Cold weather can cause car batteries to weaken, so it’s important to ensure that your battery has a full charge and is strong enough to last throughout the winter.
4. Consider picking up our Emergency Car Battery Charger. Now you don’t have to ask strangers or neighbors for a jump. Always be prepared. Keep this in your garage or trunk so you can recharge your battery during the cold winter months.
5. Check for signs of rust or corrosion. If you find any, use a rust-proofing spray to protect your car from the elements.
6. Ensure that your windshield wipers and washer fluid are in good condition. Visibility is important when driving in wet, icy weather, and faulty wipers can make it difficult to see.
7. Carry an emergency kit with you at all times. This should include a flashlight, jumper cables, road flares, extra wiper fluid, a tire gauge, and a blanket.
By following these seven tips, you can help ensure that your car is in tip-top shape when the winter weather arrives.
Taking care of your car now will help prevent any issues from popping up down the road and will give you peace of mind knowing that your car is ready for whatever Mother Nature throws it’s way this winter season!
Help your friends prepare their cars for winter too by using the Share Buttons Below. I really appreciate you helping spread the word about my Free Daily Tech Tips! 🙂
Leave a Reply