Do you have loved ones you want to access your personal information stored in your iPhone? Well, maybe not right now, but if the time comes if you’re no longer with us… it is an excellent idea to let your most trusted person know this information.
Maybe some notes that you want them to read. It can also be a special instruction you want them to have when the time comes. The ability of your loved ones to access this information is perhaps one of the things you should consider.
Your iPhone has a Legacy Contacts feature that lets you assign a person that can access this information in the event of your death.
Leaving our loved ones may be the most despairing event that can happen to us, but planning ahead for this time is the wisest thing we can do.
To assign a person as one of your Legacy Contacts, follow these steps:
1. Open your iPhone’s Settings.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap “Password & Security”.
4. Tap “Legacy Contact”.
5. Tap “Add Legacy Contact”.
6. Tap “Add Legacy Contact” to confirm.
7. Your iPhone will now verify you through Face ID or Touch ID.
8. Start Adding the persons that you want to include in your Legacy Contacts.
9. Tap “Continue”.
10. Tap “Print Access Key” to let your legacy contact access your data in the event of your death.
This document can be given to your legacy contacts or to your estate planning documents.
11. Tap “Done” to complete this process.
12. You will now see the contact added to your list of Legacy Contact. If you need to add more persons, tap “Add Legacy Contact” again and repeat step 6.
13. To remove a person from your list, tap their name and tap “Remove Contact”.
That it! It might be unpleasant to some people, but always remember that preparing for the future is always a good practice.
Help your Friends and Family learn how to have Security Legacy Contacts in iOS 15 by using the Share Buttons below… I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about my Free Daily iPhone Tips! 🙂